I have been experiencing some strange issue with Adobe software, when I launch it, there will be a program called AdobeUpdater.exe will automatically executes.
This .exe will use about 99% of the CPU runtime and will not be able to kill it via Process Kill, which means a reboot is eminent.
I have tried two methods, one worked, one didn’t
I Renamed updater.api under C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 8.0\Acrobat\plug_ins
That didn’t work at all…
Than I tried renaming AdobeUpdater.exe to AdobeUpdater2.exe under
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Updater5
Which seems to work and hence this is a temporary solution.
According to my research, Adobe is aware of this problem so, I guess they will be releasing a patch soon…